the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Mix CD: Harpin' On It

This one's all harmonica-heavy songs. And before you say anything, Mr. Bloggerific, I am well aware that there is no Sonny Boy Williamson, Stevie Wonder, or Lazy Lester on here. So there.
  1. Train, Train - Blackfoot
  2. I Ain't Got You - Sugar Blue
  3. Rock With Me - The Fabulous Thunderbirds
  4. Marie Marie - Roomful of Blues
  5. It Ain't What You Do - J Geils Band
  6. Parchman's Farm - The Bluesbreakers
  7. Got Love If You Want It - Slim Harpo
  8. You Don't Want Me - Angela Strehli
  9. Suicide Blonde - INXS
  10. Damn Good Lover - Lou Ann Barton
  11. 12 O'Clock Jump - Big Dave and the Ultrasonics
  12. Goin' to the City - Sharecroppers of Soul
  13. Try (Just a Little Bit Harder) - Cathy Richardson
  14. Almost - The Blues Brothers
  15. Mellow Down Easy - Madcat and Kane
  16. Moo Goo - Paul Black and the Flip Kings
  17. Reel Eleven, Take One - Kim Wilson
  18. Louisiana Blues - Paul Rodgers
  19. Hotel Sickness - The Black Crowes
  20. One More Mile to Go - Sugar Blue

11 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

No Stevie Wonder? Poop. But I've been livin' for the city all this time!

I did get to see INXS in 1991 and Bone Machine and I saw the Fabulous Thunderbirds in 2002.

8:43 PM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

the Fabulous T-birds, J. Geils, Slim Harpo, The Blues Bros., Kim Wilson, Paul Rodgers..... sounds like an excellent iPod playlist to me!

11:26 PM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I just got a copy of Stevie's greatest hits, so look for future editions in this series!

Lessee, who on this list have I seen live:

Fab T-Birds (lots and lots of times, have seen them with Jimmie Vaughan and with Duke Robillard)
Kim Wilson solo (several times. That man does it for me)
Roomful of Blues (several times,with Sugar Ray Norcia and with Mac Odom)
Angela Strehli
Lou Ann Barton (twice, once with Angela Strehli)
Big Dave and the Ultrasonics (several times)
Paul Rodgers (twice)
The Black Crowes (twice)

11:47 PM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

Um, comments are back on at Dooce.
Please stop by, as they are nothing without you.

11:41 AM, March 25, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Lets see....live, I have seen the Fabulous T-Birds, Kim Wilson (with Stevie Ray Vaughan at a benefit concert just before Stevies death), J. Geils Band (yes, I am an old geezer), INXS (took four teenagers to Indy for that one), the Blues Brothers (with Jim, not John), and Paul Rodgers. One of the very few good things about South Bend, culturaly speaking, is that we have a very vibrant blues and folk scene here. Too bad the same can't be said for pop, rock, jazz or classical.

12:48 PM, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Yay Dooce comments! I'd almost given up hope. Aaaaaaah.

Bear, I forgot to list J Geils, who I have seen once (Jim has seen them four or five times, most back in the "olden days").

2:03 PM, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I've seen J Geils band complete, and I've seen J Geils perform with Magic Dick in their Bluestime project.
Jim has seen SRV, but not me. We just passed up the chance to see him at Pine Knob a couple of months before he died (I had to work or something totally unimportant like that). Aaaaaaagh!

2:05 PM, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Hell, missed another one. I've seen John Mayall and whatever current version of the Bluesbreakers, too.

2:31 PM, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

You've just been to so many concerts it's hard to remember them all. You need to start a spreadsheet. :-)

Did you get today off? This is the last Good Friday my company is taking off. Next year we get a floating holiday to use whenever instead.

Since I'm home I think I'll watch GH.

2:39 PM, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl, realtime GH for me too! Woohoo!

We get a half day on good Friday so I always take the other half as vacation. I just love a three-day weekend.

2:54 PM, March 25, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I just hope I'm the first to make some kinda smart ass remark about a Magic Dick and a Pine Knob being in the same post. It's like the boys of the Who found the power of Altoids or something.

Hey GWB?? Was your Indy INXS show the one in 1991? If so, that's the one I was at, howdy neighbor!

4:55 PM, March 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home