the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Buzzedky Four-Eyes reporting

Forgive me bloggers, for I have sinned. Well, I'm about to sin. I'm about to commit the unpardonable sin of...[cue music of doom]...drunken blogging. But really, I write about being drunk so often that I might as well feed it to you straight from my own inebriated hands to your well-oiled ears. Or eyes. Whatever. For all I know, you read this aloud to yourselves, maybe in funny accents. Go for it! I suggest an exaggerated drunken Irish brogue.

Yes, I've been drinking. I'm on vacation, technically. So I can. I went out to dinner with my best friend tonight and had a fantastic time. We went to an Irish restaurant (hence the suggested brogue) and ordered one entree and a bunch of appetizers, and maybe a drink. We lingered over our food, acted like dorks - okay, it wasn't an act, she and I are both true dorks - and laughed our asses off. It was soooo relaxing and such a great evening. I've got a nice, not-quite-smashed glow on; I haven't felt this calm and peaceful in a long time.

And, just so you don't think you stumbled onto the wrong blog, I would like to point out that I had asparagus at dinner, and my urine now has a personality all its own.

22 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

I like your drunken blogging. In fact, at your suggestion, I read this with the drunken Irish brogue. Highly entertaining. I'll have to try that more often.

7:10 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger LadyBug said...

So, your urine speaks in its own drunken Irish brogue?

Glad you had a nice evening out, dear. Love and hugs to you.

9:07 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger hemlock said...

Calm (I wrote clam....now THAT's a whole other story!!) and peaceful is good.

Asparagus?? That reminds me of a story.

9:08 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww... Bucky that's terrific. I'm so glad you were able to have such a nice dinner with a good friend.

I did attempt to read your post with an Irish brogue, but then it morphed into something else... it was still entertaining, though. At least to me.

9:25 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Call her drunken Irish brogue
She won't answer anymore
Not the whiskey drinkin' blogger-chick
Nor the cheap $2 whore.

Johnny Cash and I thank you.

9:42 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Top of the marnin' to yez, me darlin' ...

I am personally in favour of drunken blogging. In Vino Veritas.

And *click*.

10:19 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger dashababy said...

Well, Jaysus Marain Joseph, that was thee tamest drunken bloggin' I've ever seen. Were there no dancin' on the tabletops? Or perhaps inappropriate behaviour towards your waitperson? Did you even have to cover one eye as you wrote this? Noooo, not even a grammatical error or mispelt word. Yer a good lass. Ya won't be needin' confession today by what I've read so far.

11:14 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoyed the Irish pub, did ye? I’ve two within walkin’ distance of me bungalow. You’ve given me an idea about what to do with meself this evenin’.

11:27 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa there SSNick... some of us don't be needin' ta hear all the details, now... ;)

11:59 AM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

you're drunk and offer no audio post?

12:05 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Kranki said...

You party savage!

12:31 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Im using a Canadian accent!

1:16 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

lovely visual and odiforous pic Bucky--happy VD day a couple days late!

4:32 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Fuckkit said...

You can spell whilst drunk. That in itself is pretty fucking amazing in my world :)

4:50 PM, February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried it in my Pepe Le Pew accent in honor of you pee pee that is ew.

7:09 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Candy said...

Hmmmmm. I am anonymous, Good then you wont know it was me who said you have funny smelling pee.

7:09 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

Bucky, your regular updates on various bodily functions are why we check in here on a daily basis.

9:38 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you are not drunk enough to make us try to say "waxed monkey" in a drunken irish brogue then you are not drunk enough to claim to be blogging drunkenly.

Wow, i even confused myself. and I am 'thinking' my comments in a drunken irish brogue.

10:45 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Aspargus does that to pee.
I mean, me.

12:17 AM, February 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you show your friend your new hairless monkey? Cause I totally would have asked to see it if we were out to dinner.

12:26 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

Aw, Bucky's gotta buzz on!
Glad you had fun. And didn't end up with no ride at some playground puking your irish dinner up.

7:39 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - Maybe next time I'm over, we can talk like that all weekend. Think Mom could put up with us?

Mike - well, faith and Gomorrah! :)

Kristine - heh heh, well, I never know where the hell my attempt at accents will go. Come on, what the hell is that bastardized Swedish thing I do in audioblogs? I probably don't even maintain my own accent consistently.

LadyBug - Thanks! And my drunken Irish urine thanks you, too.

LeafGirl - Clam? Asparagus? Yes, we must hear!

CKelli - oh, I know what you mean about the morphing of the accent. Now I want bad accent audioblogs from everyone!

Jim - ooooh, you know it's always gonna be cool to bring poetry and the Man in Black in here. You two make a really cute couple!

Nilbo - I guess I wasn't in vino enough to be veritas to your satisfaction. *smirk*

Dashababy - now that was a right proper kiss o' the blarney stone right there. And yeah, in my drunken youth, I'd have had a lot more to tell, including inappropriate behavior to, well, everyone.

SS Nick - Lots o' them Irish types in Louisville, huh? Probably a lot of them my relatives! Well, at least, the most disreputable ones.

CKelli - Mind in the gutter...I'm so proud!

Annejelynn - ha! That's a good idea. Now I'll have to get drunk for the express purpose of an audio blog.

Kranki - now who told you about the loin cloth? ;)

Spikey - What's thot all aboot?

Bone Machine - hey, I had a fucked-up Kentucky accent until I'd gone to school for a couple of years up here. And it easily returns if I spend more than a few days down south.

Effie - happy VD to you as well!

Fuckkit - only through years of training with my zen master can I spell while drinking.

Jess - sooo, you had to be anonymous to laugh at my pee, did you? Go on, laugh - my urine has a high tolerance for ridicule.

Opera gal - then you won't be surprised when I write my ode to cramps?

Song - ok, I just imagined a combination Australian/Irish accent.

M_D - I wonder what would happen if a roomful of people gorged on asparagus...

Girl.A - you know I got up on the table and made the whole restaurant look at my new hairless monkey. Well, I guess "new" isn't really the word for it...

Amy - yes, and I didn't ruin my perm this time, either!

2:46 PM, February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home