the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, February 02, 2006

All the respect I deserve

this is an audio post - click to play

18 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Unknown said...

Fruit don't fall too far from the tree, do it? :)

I remember when my nephew was about 5 (he turns 21 this year as well!) - the teacher had them tell stories and she wrote their story down VERBATIM. Aaron's was a harrowing tale of pirates and walking the plank and then the hero went OFF the plank and he "swimmed and swimmed and swimmed".

I said, 'That's a great story, honey! Very well done! But you know, it should have been "Swam" right?'

'That's what I told her!' he insisted, 'but she writted it down that way anyway!'

11:08 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh..and my nephew has also never said he was going to poke my eyes out with knitting needles...that's just too adorable for words.

11:26 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

That's quite a harrowing family portrait you paint there, Auntie Bucky. Yours is funny, too, Jim. We must all be nostalgic for childhood tonight. I posted some pix from the daycare across the hall.

11:28 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I seldom take kids threats seriously. Perhaps I should?

8:36 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Clearly, the child has your artistic abilities. ;)

9:11 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

Knitting needles, huh? I don't remember that story. She is quite a character, though. Probably was supposed to be your child but your sister-in-law was nice enough to have her and raise her for you.

This is really disturbing, though.

9:45 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger dashababy said...

Did you save the drawing? I have lotsa stuff Kris' kids have drawn for me.
Your neice sounds um, sweet.

9:46 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

Seriously, I woke up this morning thinking about this. Now, tell me, did little Lizzie Bord-- I mean, little Rachel know about your light sensitivity and your migraines? If so, maybe it was an attempt at expressing empathy, rather than a sign that you'll be talking to her through a glass booth someday. heheeee

9:54 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Poop. I'm at work and can't listen yet, but listen I shall...hopefully at lunch!

10:17 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

If I may -- Mr. B -- one word -- HEADPHONES.

10:55 AM, February 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME.

11:40 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Candy said...

My Princess used to always demand that Steve "Take your head off, TAKE IT OFF".

I finally realized she wanted him to remove his head, since he is already dead to recite Shakepearean quotations, because no animal or man can scream like he can with the fury of his recitations.



She ever watch a movie where it was cool to have knitting needles in someones eyes??

Hey, Im trying here, work with me.

12:16 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

Man, you're like, the multi-media blogger. I bow to your tech-no-logical skeelz.

hey, she knew what knitting needles were! That's awesome! Did I miss the point of that story somehow? ;)

12:18 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Ha! I finally heard it and that's great! Must be niece day in the bloggosphere.

I don't think the boss man will let me have head phones...but actually 1/3 The Angels is going to try and get some for us. Cross your fingas!

1:25 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

Wow! I knew it... I just KNEW it! All those years I resisted learning how to knit, just going with my gut-level dislike of tedium; then come to find out all along it's a very dangerous activity, shown to encourage violence in children, and should be avoided. Thank you Bucky for shedding light on this controversial hobby.

5:32 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

I told this story to a guy at work. He told about some very young, maybe four, female relative of his who wanted a cookie. He wouldn't give her one. A little while later he realized she was standing behind him. Then she said, "I could take a gun and kill you and nobody would know that I did it." Um, I'd never sleep around that one ever again. :-)

10:06 AM, February 04, 2006  
Blogger Effie said...

So, your eyes still intact? No knitting needle incidents to report?
You're NOT old, BTW--just so's you know...

2:15 PM, February 04, 2006  
Blogger MrsDoF said...

Knitting needles and eyes in the same sentence gives me the shivers. A bit too much tv viewing is giving her ideas I would say.

My Youngest Son turns 21 this year. Age has a way of creeping up on us, that's for sure.

10:19 PM, February 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home