the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, February 21, 2008

No one said it had to be realistic

Per Susie's request, I've compiled my own "bucket list" - things I'd like to do before I straddle that handbasket and floor it all the way to hell.

  • Travel. I've done a little, but I'd like to do a whole lot more. New York, San Francisco (I've been there, but it's been over 20 years), all the places in Europe where I can see timeless art and architecture, and misbehave without ending up making ugly drunken mugshots. I'd love to go back to New Orleans again and take in my beloved French Quarter and the ghosts of its seamy underbelly that haunt the streets when the sun goes down and the nightlife fires up.

  • Publish a book. That one I'm actually working on. Slowly. Very slowly. The cats keep sneaking onto my computer and adding chapters about my abusive behavior toward them. I'm so offended; their spelling is atrocious.

  • Make a CD. I've made "albums" before, back in the day when cassette recording was the high-tech solution for home recording. I've got the equipment now to make a decent digital recording, and I've already got a handful of songs that have never seen the light of day outside live performances, so now all it would take would be a little patience for my lazy ass to put it all together.

  • Finish painting my house. I finished my bedroom, then ran out of steam about halfway through the living-room project. Now that a bunch of the boxed furniture is assembled, it will be easier for me to finish that job. I have paint for the kitchen, too. Once I get those done, I can decide what colors the office and music room need to be. I have a really soothing color in mind for the office; the music room may end up being a little more...out there. Maybe you can all come over and draw on the walls with magic markers.

  • Make sweet, sweet, dirty, filthy love to Kelly Monaco.



    A girl can dream, can't she?

  • Own another bitchin' Camaro. I've had two, and I want another one. However, I will never make the mistake of having a sports car for a year-round ride, ever again. Come summertime, though, I keenly miss zipping around in that gorgeous little red ticket magnet.

  • Get my teeth beautified. Someday, porcelain veneers will be mine. Then perhaps I will smile with my mouth open in pictures once in a while. Of course, by that time, I may well be skipping over the veneers and shopping for dentures. Who wants a little gum, baby?

  • Sit front-row center at a Tom Waits concert. Every time I see him, my seats are farther and farther back in the venue. I want a ringside seat next time around.

  • See the shows for which I've had tickets but, for one reason or another, didn't see the concert. Amy Winehouse, Primus, Joss Stone, Rob Zombie...I'm sure there are more, but those are the most recent one.

  • Write a post that isn't a list. I'm sure you'd be happy about that one, too. Maybe I'll get myself all worked up over something and post a rant. Let me go watch the news for a while and get pissed off.

9 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

I am still waiting for that CD of yours...

7:33 AM, February 22, 2008  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

when I lived in Chicago, one of my roommates had everyone who visited write on his walls with marker.
We were all a bunch of theater/music gypsies, so it was quite the sight to see.

My contribution:
Opera is where a guy gets stabbed in the back, and instead of dying, he sings. ~ Robert Benchley

10:27 AM, February 22, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

A friend of ours has everyone who visits sign the wall in his garage. About six feet up, I signed my name -- upside down. ;)

12:33 PM, February 22, 2008  
Blogger eclectic said...

I'm with HTGT... get to it already, wouldja?!

2:27 PM, February 22, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to see that art and architecture, too. Never been to Europe.

I want to write a book, too. I might be able to do that. I can't make a CD, but I'll surely buy yours. I love to hear you sing.

I find the whole bucket list thing disconcerting. I strongly believe it's a very wise thing to do -- make the list -- but I have a very hard time doing it. I might need to break it down into small time periods or something.

6:07 PM, February 22, 2008  
Blogger Squirl said...

Okay, I completely read Eclectic's comment out of context. You're writing your bucket list and she's telling you to get to it. Sounded like she meant the "kicking the bucket" part.

And there she is, Sweet Sam.

3:54 PM, February 23, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

HTGT - me, too.

Opera gal - get an El Marko and come on over!

CKelli - was it on purpose, or was someone holding you by the ankles?

Eclectic - get to the CD, or get to kicking the bucket? I know which one would be easier...

Susie - I could do better than this; I just decided I needed to post SOMETHING.

Squirl - yep, Sweet Sam. Wouldn't you like to have Kelly Monaco as your new sister-in-law?

8:32 PM, February 23, 2008  
Blogger eclectic said...

WAIT!!!! NO, NO, NO!! HGTG said she's waiting for your CD, and I'm with her on THAT!!! The CD!! NOT the bucket-kickin. There's been entirely enough of that. You do NOT have permission to kick any buckets, real or imagined.

10:17 PM, February 23, 2008  
Blogger Rhonda~ said...

I have been contemplating my own bucket list for a while. Maybe yours will inspire me to actually take and put it somewhere other than the vast spaces in my head. It just seems as if there is something so final, by actually putting it out there-like I might actually be inclined to do them, rather than "dream" them. Is that really a bad thing though? I enjoyed yours. Take Care of You.

10:00 AM, February 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home