the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, March 10, 2008

Lament for a six-string goddess

Groovy Geetar

Pink, paisley, ridiculous...miraculous
With your swing-sweet lows
And your bee-sting highs
Your visual confetti thrown on the walls
Whenever I turn this way and that
How you stayed in tune, clever motherfucker
When every other guitar on the stage was
Begging for a turn of the pegs
You held steady and smirked a little
But we all still loved you anyway.


72: Churchill's, Flint MI, 1995

Every man I knew
Wanted you in his arms
But you always came home
Because you were my girl
You saw me through my first gig
That night I turned 30 and
They liked me, they really liked me,
No small thanks to you.

And there you went on Saturday
Stoic in your coffin case
But I wonder if you knew, deep down,
That I wasn't just lending you out this time
That this bearded fellow was your new man
That I'd turned you into a house payment
And a way to keep my cable on.

Sad fucking way to end
An affair like ours.

I'm sorry, baby.

14 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Ouch. Sorry 'bout that. :(

1:50 PM, March 10, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man... that sucks. I'm so sorry, Bucky. She sho was pretty.

2:01 PM, March 10, 2008  
Blogger eclectic said...

NO! Oh sis, that's gotta be like selling my piano. Gah!! She'll never love anyone as much as you, or sound as good in their hands as yours, because no one will love her like you. So sorry. She's spectacular.

2:36 PM, March 10, 2008  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

As one who appreciates the fine works of Leo Fender, I offer my deepest sympathy.

2:49 PM, March 10, 2008  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

:(

Booo. I'm sorry she had to go. Being responsible is such a bitch sometimes. Gah.

4:21 PM, March 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, damn it! I'm sorry, Bucky.
xxx

4:57 PM, March 10, 2008  
Blogger Squirl said...

I'm so sorry, hon.

7:52 PM, March 10, 2008  
Blogger Candy said...

Oh lady... oh im sorry for your loss.... very very very.

1:41 AM, March 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

been there done that. it hurts like a mo-fo, thats for sure.

3:21 PM, March 11, 2008  
Blogger Ms SnS said...

Hi, Katy,

I got a forwarded email today with info about Candye Kane and her bout with cancer. The email mentions the concert you were at where she had to leave the stage. If you haven't gotten it, I can forward to you if you wish to give an email address.

7:52 PM, March 11, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful and poignant, Bucky. And it brings back my memory of turning my 12-string guitar into a house payment. Shit! I miss it.

2:05 AM, March 12, 2008  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Bucky, I am so, so sorry.

7:21 AM, March 12, 2008  
Blogger Flying Mermaid said...

Ohh, you're gonna make me cry!

7:34 PM, March 13, 2008  
Blogger Birdlips said...

Hi!

Oh man!!! I was just at Motor City
Guitar. I didn't see a guitar as pretty as yours!!! OUCH!
My kid is playing a cheap Meijer Guitar. That can't hold a candle stick to yours.
Move to the Motor City. Work for the ad agency. Your more creative than the yahoos they have. Hopefully make good $$$$. Maybe buy her back???

4:59 PM, March 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home