the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Monday, February 25, 2008

Someone had to decide this was a good idea



Another "gem" I found with my camera phone. What the fuck were they thinking when this name was chosen?

"Hey! How about a catchy product name that's only mildly to moderately racially insensitive?"

"Great thinking, Ray! We can put it on the shelf next to the BlessJew! tissues."

"Will this delay the launch of the new line of Cheap-Ass Scotsman cleaning products?"

"No, but we do also need to review the packaging for our Drunken Mick Instant Potatoes."

9 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger I'm not here. said...

Cheap? They forgot crazy and moody. That's how I've been told, according to some guy at the airport. Before I beat him with my sword. :)

1:43 PM, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bwahahahahaha! That's hysterical! Seriously, what are those crazy marketing people thinking?

1:49 PM, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

It's all about the packaging.

2:07 PM, February 25, 2008  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yeah, WTF were they thinking???

Hey, I'm Irish. Where are my potatoes? hic

8:27 PM, February 25, 2008  
Blogger eclectic said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! First of all, that's inexcusably ignorant. But... sounds sorta like the marketers may have been trying for the "gigolo" connection, I mean, it IS lubricant... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

1:35 PM, February 26, 2008  
Blogger Susie said...

human hair? that is all.

11:32 PM, February 27, 2008  
Blogger Bone Machine said...

Get jiggy wit' it.

Sweet Jesus, did I just type that? Next thing you know, I'll be typing "You go, girl" or something even more vile.

3:11 PM, February 28, 2008  
Blogger Rhonda~ said...

I agree with eclectic in hoping that the intention was to capitalize on the "gigalo" reputation, but then again the spelling is all wrong. Who would have thought that an entire company in this day and time could/would be so damn openly ignorant?

3:20 AM, March 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EFFING-HILARIOUS!

Hey, it coulda been worse it could've been "MacAvoy's L-ewe-bricant."

5:03 PM, March 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home