the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Yes, there are some even I wouldn't use

In the last couple of months, I've come to enjoy the process of creating and posting new mastheads. A lot of the fun for a masthead, of course, is pickin' the new slogan. I've used a few now, but you've by no means seen everything that's occurred to me.

Allow me to share a select few of the slogans even I deemed too lame and/or offensive to use:

  • "Still yearning for a Captain and Tennille tour."
  • "Only a few animals were harmed in the crafting of this blog."
  • "Just when you yeast expect it." (accompanied by a picture of baking soda and my favored cooch-scratching implement, an elegant silver crab fork)
  • "All vomit, all the time."
  • "The curley fries are on my thighs." (accompanied by a photo of my frightening, fried-food-enhanced thighs)
  • "Don't let me drink unless you have a wheelbarrow and a barf bag."
  • "If you don't like watchin' penguins get it on, you can't be my friend."
  • "Send me money or I'll come to your house and trim your hedges into obscene shapes."
  • "Why can't we all just get a schlong?"
  • "Real fuckin' funny, motherfucker."
I'm only showing you the least disturbing of the unused ideas. You should probably worry about the way I think.

27 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know...I still AM yearning for a Captain and Tennille tour. Looks like Muskrat Love.

11:37 PM, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

I would start worrying if you STOPPED thinking. :)

6:53 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

I think you should go with "Here are some things that chap my ass ... and some that don't."

7:40 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

What? No mention of a monkey?

8:31 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

I like the yeast one best. No! I like the yeast one the yeast. I like the schlong one best.

9:16 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Danielle said...

my favorite is-"Real fuckin' funny, motherfucker."

9:29 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kitty - oleo is ALWAYS a good idea for the bungholio. Too much chance of friction burns otherwise.

Dazed - Muskrat Susie, Muskrat Sam, do the jitterbug under my sedan...

DP - how about "Sucking Worm Goo Since 2004"? The BlogBastards should like that one.

Opera gal - where you been, girlie? I was thinkin' maybe you'd been carried off by some caped baritone. Drop me an email if you want and let me know how things are goin' for you.

Nilbo - oh, the Chapstick I go through 'round here...

Torrie - My next masthead might just be "All monkey, all the time." And you don't even wanna know what the accompanying picture will be.

9:51 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I'm so damn slow.

Amy - so you prefer the schlong to the yeast infection? Smart girl.

Danielle - I actually said that exact phrase, in all venoumous seriousness, to Jim when he laughed his ass off at one of my pratfalls one day. I was NOT amused.

9:52 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

I got a chapstick for you.

9:56 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Nilbo - what? You told me that was the facial dispenser.

10:17 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

... not to mention a handy crevice tool. It was multi-tasking before there was such a word.

10:44 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

Also, where's the splintered rolling pin?

11:37 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger SierraBella said...

I think "The curley fries are on my thighs" would be OK, but you might refrain from using Ketchup in the photo...

11:45 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

I can only imagine what else you got cookin' in the brain of yours

12:05 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I think the schlong comment is best, too.

I also wanted to say that I saw a pickup truck the other day that had a Wall Drug S Dakota sticker on it.

12:22 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Nilbo - I belive you are what they call a Helpy Helperson. Very handy, that Popeil Pocket Penis of yours.

Torrie - the splintered rolling pin is currently being removed by surgeons in what's called a "delicate" operation. But now you give me ideas for yet another masthead...

Sierrabella - would you prefer I go all European and use mayonnaise?

Annejelynn - if you saw what's cookin' in my brain, you'd know why they call my head the Meth Lab.

Squirl - Ha! The magic of Wall Drug! I suppose I must do an entire post devoted to Wall Drug and its sheer tackiness.
Schlong.

1:16 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Just make sure you don't accidentally hit the "slice and dice" feature.

1:47 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Nilbo - what about julienne?

2:10 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

Pure hilarity. Absolutely the funniest thing I've read since I came back from vacay. Not sure which is my fave, but the "yeast" one gets me along with the visual of the crab fork as a scratching implement!!!

I concur with the nilbo--my only suggestion would be to have the assless chaps pic on the masthead, too.

I relish how you think!

2:27 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Nugget - I just think a fork cuts right to the chase. Why squirm uncomfortably when you can just dig in with the tines?

2:29 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am now going to go to bed with penguins getting it on images in my head (and be glad that that's the only image I got from that list)

I'm sure we will still love you even if you put an 'inappropriate' masthead up, but please you gotta include the chaps at least once a month!

4:30 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

ps: I always tempted to use "I'm not Dooce, get over it" as a masthead. I'm so sad.

4:32 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Song - that's a great tagline! You should use it.

4:56 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

"Why can't we all just get a schlong?"

..ahahhaaha..now that's funny!

5:14 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Nilbo said...

Julienne says she's quite happy with the Popeil's Pocket Penis. Another satisfied (again and again, evidently) customer.

And from now on, per Nuggetmaven, I would appreciate being addressed as "The Nilbo". It's like "The Donald", only poorer and with more class.

5:44 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Um I think the All Monkey All the Time really should go to me. I mean come on, are YOU too dirty for google? No you are not.

Monkey hogger.

6:59 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Milkmaid - what the world needs now is schlong, sweet schlong...

The Nilbo - I would then ask the same courtesty of you, and wish for you to address me as "The Bucky"
Now let's go out and buy atrocious toupees together.

Jess - I acquiesce to your superior monkey power.

9:23 PM, July 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home