the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, May 12, 2005

My bush is fine, thank you


It lives, it blooms!

I was so worried when my poor baby lilac got snowed in last month just as it started to bud, but it has proved hearty and smells mighty purty.

That's all I have to say about that.

27 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Opera Gal said...

first?
LOL...
hey, I am SO jealous of you...i had to move away from the most wonderful garden a year and a half ago. I totally miss the smell of lilac.

9:27 PM, May 12, 2005  
Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

And a mighty fine bush it is.

9:47 PM, May 12, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Lilac is such a strong, wonderful aroma. Glad your bush made it through the winter weather. :-)

9:49 PM, May 12, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Opera gal, this thing is HUGE. I think it's older than Jim and me put together (and that's pretty old).

Why thanks, Zombie! That means a lot comin' from a bushmaster such as yourself.

Squirl, our plants do much better if Jim touches 'em and I just admire. My thumb is not quite green. But whoa, what a bush.

10:09 PM, May 12, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*achew* yeah it's *achew* real *achew* nice *sniff sniff* there

10:18 PM, May 12, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kitty, I think my bush makes Mr. B sneeze.

Am I too miserly with the Massengill? You guys can be honest with me.

What can I say? I like to post pictures of my bush.

10:23 PM, May 12, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

A bird in the hand is worth two in Bucky's bush.

10:40 PM, May 12, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I think I shall never see
A poem as lovely as Bucky's bush

10:42 PM, May 12, 2005  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Is a purple bush normal?

11:09 PM, May 12, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

So Jim has the magic touch with the bush, hmm?

Looking at that picture, I can almost smell your bush from here. I'd like to brush my cheek against it and put it in some water on my kitchen table.

11:14 PM, May 12, 2005  
Blogger Joseph said...

My that is a nice bush you got there. And it just so happens I know a lot about bushes and that bush is fantastic.

It is always a good idea to trim the bush once it's done blooming. We call it dead heading here. Promotes more bloom next year. Sadly, my bush is done blooming, time to trim it.

12:31 AM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Susie, have you turned into the dude next door to Lector (Miggs I think?) with the slightly altered:

"I can almost smell your bush"

??

7:03 AM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

mine always had a big **** (ok, I can't say it, sorry Buckster but believe me, it was vulgarity worth of you).TANGENT JUMP HERE

ok, this is truly a gratuitous plug to get some discussion started on my site cause I'm all worked up over an article I read this AM about the death classical music.C'mon over to WOD when you have time, turn your speakers up or down depending on your preference, and tell me what you really think, really...TIA, WOD

8:23 AM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh it's gorgeous!

I loves me some lilacs. They remind me of the May crowning of Mary in Catholic grade school.

8:34 AM, May 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bush? Crowning?

Bucky, if there is crowning going on in your bush, you musta done went and got yerself knocked up.

Now, whatcha gonna do widdat youngun?

9:51 AM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

Um, you really need to trim your bush. Unless Jim is into that kind of thing.

10:00 AM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

i seem to remember that we all will be raising the little youngin by proxy or some such thing. Note that if said youngin shows up on my doorstep, the cat is going to take care of it. (laughs)

10:01 AM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Katie said...

Bucky, I tag you for the "If I could be" game. Go to my blog to check out how to do it. I am sure someone has already tagged you, but I wanted to try!

10:28 AM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

I concur with Mr. Bloggeriffic Himself's first comment:

ACHOO!!!

I posted pics of my TWO bushes on my blog too--love how they look and smell, but not how they make me feel:)

http://thoughtnuggets.blogspot.com/2005/05/my-nasal-nemesis.html

10:58 AM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*shares Puffs Plus with NuggetMaven*

11:36 AM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

Where is everyone today?

4:20 PM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

I figured your bush was pretty.

It's big too.

Goin' for that 70's look, huh?

4:51 PM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Joseph said...

Okay, we all get it now....Nice BUSH!!! Let's move on now shall we?


XO

12:58 PM, May 15, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

ok, so i have an ethical connundrum involving plants, so I'll post it here - i like tulips.(thats not the conundrum)
The city is going to tear up my street sonn, and toast all of the lovely purple, yellow and white tulips. I am seriously thinking about going out there and digging those suckers up.

thoughts?
i'm going to post this over at greenies too...

1:53 PM, May 15, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Cheeez, Louise! Are you STILL on here bragging about your bush? Yea, it's nice; it's glorious, it's vibrant and inviting and smells great. All right, already! Some people's egos . . .

opera girl -- absolutely, go get you some tulips!

2:43 PM, May 15, 2005  
Blogger Dang Cold.. said...

Its bucky's blog and I think she can talk about her bush as much as she wants to. So lets quit beating around the bush and talk about bush.

That is one mighty fine, splendid, Grade A bush. Feed it a carrot and brush it twice a day to keep its coat nice n shiny.

dc

5:26 PM, May 15, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

I think I saw a banner at now.org or some other similar place, which stated:

The only Bush you can trust is your own:)

2:24 PM, May 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home