the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Am I on crack?

Squirl, you're gonna have to tell me whether I am hallucinating this, or whether I have actual repressed memories that are beginning to surface.

Today, my boss mentioned the name "Frodo Baggins" and it triggered what I believe to be a memory.

When I was a kid, Squirl was very into the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit and all that fantastical Shire stuff. I'd heard her talk about the books before, and one day I wanted to appear clever and knowledgable (I'm still tryin', and it's still not workin').

So, I walked up to her and asked if I could read the book about Dildo Baggins.

And then Squirl laughed until the fur fell off her tail, and in between snorts and teary eyes, she informed me that I really meant Bilbo Baggins.

Maybe I did...and maybe I didn't...

7 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Squirl said...

It's very possible that happened. You probably tried to make it look like you knew what you were doing and the joke was on me. If that were the case then I chalked it up to one more time that Bucky was being cheeky. Then promptly deleted from my memory files. It's got me chuckling right now.

10:20 AM, May 10, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

No, I'm pretty sure I was sincere and just tryin' to appear like I knew what the books were about from eavesdroppin' on your conversations. As I recall, I didn't find out what the "wrong" word meant until some time later.

10:24 AM, May 10, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

You probably learned the true meaning of that word at a younger age than I did. I was a little slow in learning the shadier things in life.

10:27 AM, May 10, 2005  
Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

Reading this just caused a series of bad, sexual puns to zip through my brain.

One of which was 'Lord of the Cock Rings'.

Thanks, Bucky.

10:56 AM, May 10, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Banana, anyone? (I am most definitely on crack...)

10:56 AM, May 10, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

A "friend" has something similar only it's more of a Dildo Drawerins.

11:16 AM, May 10, 2005  
Blogger Nic said...

Hee! That's great. I am a HUGE LOTR fan and this made my morning. Glad I found you, and most of the other bloggers I frequent, through Dooce b4 she closed up shop on the comments.

11:58 AM, May 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home