the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Not a word about bushes or boobs


My shy guy.

Wow, I'm not sure what kinda girl you people think I am, but frankly, I'm appalled by the direction the comments took regarding my lovely lilac. I don't even know you people anymore. What have I ever written that would make you suspect I was alluding to a sexual innuendo with an innocent posting of the flora in my yard?

Shame on all of you.

But, as I am the forgiving sort, instead of sayin' a little prayer against you and doin' my Superior Dance, I will instead apologize for my lack of post or comment input this weekend. Truth be told, I just plain got sick of lookin' at a computer monitor and took a couple of days to hang out with Jim and watch TV and go out to eat. Let's face it -- my 40th birthday is at the end of the month, and gettin' my way right now is Jim's best defense against mid-life crisis-induced rage. I can be one scary, scary bitch, given the proper triggers.

So, not really much goin' down here. It's been a cold, rainy weekend (note to Mother Fucking Nature: It's May, you cunt, get with the program), so it's been all indoor chores and amusement. Had some good food, and might possibly have accidentally had a few drinks. Sorry, no drunken camera fun for you this time, I left the sucker home.

Back to the grind tomorrow. I think maybe I should accidentally have a few beers now.

22 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Opera Gal said...

its looking like Jim got a haircut? glad you had fun - i should do that whole relaxing thing - i work so much, i think i forgot how.

9:33 PM, May 15, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Jim, damn it! Hold still, I can't read the menu!

*tots, tots....looking for tots...*

6:19 AM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kitty - I feel pretty "accidental" this morning.

Opera gal - yep, dude got his hair cut. Just to look spiffy for me! And it did kick ass to be able to just relax for a couple of days. Didn't even look at my work email all weekend. Bliss!

Mr. B - sorry, no tots on that menu. Some ostrich or kangaroo, perhaps?

8:12 AM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

Sounds like you went to the Redwood Lodge. When we were in Manistee yesterday we saw a car that looked like yours. Just for a second I wondered if you guys had gone over there for the weekend, you know, no new post and all.

8:34 AM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Glad you got to relax and enjoy yourself this weekend. We all need a break, now and then. And I don't think anyone's complaining about having to look at your lovely bush all weekend.

9:17 AM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Torrie said...

We missed you and your calming presence this weekend.

9:32 AM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Ooh, I'll go for the ostrich and the tots!

10:00 AM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Squirl - yea verily, it was Redwood Lodge (did the antlers tip you off?). The best part is, I didn't throw up this time!

LadyBug - My bush thanks you. It's now a blushing bush.

Torrie - Calming? Me? Well, yeah, Jim did seem pretty calm when I was done with him...

Oh! Sorry! Did I type that out loud?

10:07 AM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Weetzie said...

I "accidentally" drank alot of wine this weekend....but about the lilac bush, I just wanted to say that having grown up in Northern Michigan where lilacs abound, I now miss the beautiful scent and color of lilacs here in Tennessee where I now reside. I tried to grow some "michigan" lilacs but apparently they like the cold of michigan winters and therefore die in tennessee unless you get some special southern-growing variety. maybe greenie knows about this stuff. Anyway, your picture and post about the lilacs made me miss my old michigan home. *sob*

11:36 AM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

I know what's happening here. That's Jim's pose right after the 200th person said, "Hey, aren't you the guy whose wife is all the time on the internet bragging about her bush?"

12:01 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

did you say, 'birthday at the end of the month'

OKAY WHO'S THROWING THE BUCKY PARTY! and where do we meet!?

12:55 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Candy said...

Your birthday is coming? Well now I feel bad that I spent all weekend getting spanked when mine is still way way off. That doesnt seem fair some how, Can spankings be fed-exd?

Naa that doesnt sound right either, I guess Im just going to have to get in the car and drive all over the place asking people where to find that one lady, you know the one with the lovely bush, and then come spank you myself!

You spent the weekend relaxing, I spent the weekend being all wound up. And I must say, everyone is right you do have a very lovely and fragrant looking bush there, displayed quite nicely for all to admire...

2:21 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

Oh my... the "c" word... I think I love you:)

2:23 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Uh, yeah, table 4 here...still waiting on those tots! HELLOOOOOOOooo?!?!?

2:36 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Joseph said...

Move over Mr. B. and hand me a menu while you're at it.

Bucky, thanks for moving past the bush post. Retinal damage was sure to occure sooner or later.

2:43 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Hey, I just left one restaurant. Now we're here at the tot palace. Just don't spit anything, you guys.

2:45 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Weetzie - I find the "accidental" alcohol gives a worse hangover than the purposeful alcohol. I'm investigating the cause as soon as I leave work.

Susie - Actually, Jim is quite proud of my bush, encourages me to display it, and gladly discusses it with total strangers all the time.

Kristine - Wherever the party is, you have to make it handicap accessible, since I will need to get in there with my walker. Make sure the alcohol served won't melt my denture paste, either.

Spoonie - Mother Nature and I have a contentious relationship at best. But she knows I mean "cunt" in the nicest possible way.

Jess - I'm glad you find my bush admirable, it means a lot. So...shall I break out the assless chaps when I see you cruisin' in the Spankmobile? And should I be very, very frightened?

Nugget - I love the "c" word. I think we even conjugated it on Dooce comments one day. Yes, it's my own rule that a noun can be conjugated.

Mr. B, Greenie, Susie, do I have to put y'all at separate tables? If you can't behave, you can wait in the car while your father and I finish. I mean it.

3:28 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Greenie? I didn't have to move over last time we were here when you were quite content with my lap. Huh!

I'm not spitting, unless I don't get my tots.

4:02 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

I PROMISE I WILL BRING 40 DAMN LBS. OF TATER TOTS, but when does the drinking start? I really and truly have had the most evill, evillllll day. must drink lots. after my show tomorrow, after.

9:55 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

by the way - I can pretty much promise that the "c" word escaped my lips about 4 times today during the workday. ratio of stress to "c" word: relatively high.

9:57 PM, May 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

40 lbs? Yeah!

10:18 PM, May 16, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

That would be my "40 lbs? Yeah!" Guess I forgot to use the old password bidness due to the excitement.

10:20 PM, May 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home