the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Monkey time

As it happens, in my iTunes library, Alan Parsons Project Eve is just before Alanis Morissette So-Called Chaos. The two albums are getting a lot of play tonight. In case you hadn't checked back in a while, Alanis isn't angry and scary anymore, in fact, she's downright whimsical on this album. I just love how her lyrics twist and turn in a conversational yet completely poetic way, and lyrics like "You are a sliver of god on a platter" and "how to sabotage your fantasies through fear of success" - wish I'd said that.

Eve, and really any Alan Parsons Project from Pyramid through Eye in the Sky, all that music makes me think of high school. That's a good thing and that's a bad thing; shit happened to me in high school I'd just as soon forget about, but luckily, Eve isn't ruined for me as a result. The album takes its general tone from the story of the Garden of Eden, and it got me to pondering the nature of evil and original sin.

Okay, so it didn't. It really just gave me the idea to take monkey pictures. I was gonna go all bullshit and philosophical on you, but I think you'd see through that pretty quickly, so I'll save us all the trouble and skip the crap.

As a gift to You, the Internet as a Whole, for being so very generous with me as I stumble through major life changes, I would like to confer upon you the permission to do the following, so long as they are all done in the spirit of "naughty tingly evil and not harming anyone evil":


Hear some evil

See some evil

Speak some evil

Or, as the noted existentialist KC once instructed:
Do a little dance
Make a little love
Get down tonight

And just to let you all know that I really am okay (such a relative term), here's photographic proof of me in my lucky robe with my guardian angel close by:


Guardian angel

Why yes - I am running on very little sleep. How did you guess?

Addendum: in Gmail, I was just given a blurb across the top that reads:
Ask Yahoo! - How many states allow a resident to marry a cousin?
Why, god, why?

24 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger I'm not here. said...

Sacred feces, Batman!

(((huge-ass monkey hugs for you)))

Please take care of yourself, mmmkay? :o) We blove you.

10:09 PM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

No sleep is a mofo. One thing that has worked for me recently (this afternoon) is to have a camera put in your bladder, then drink a lot of wine.
What?

10:15 PM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww...I wish MY guardian angel was Tampax. I have the cheap-ass Kroger brand angel.

I think we all enjoy seeing your monkey, Buckarincess.

10:41 PM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Closet Metro said...

On a great episode of the sorely missed cop show "Homicide: Life on the Street" Bruno Kirby and another actor (whose name I can't recall, but he's been in tons of stuff) are driving around (stalking Andre Braugher's cop character). Bruno's character is complaining about whatsisface's taste in music, and he replies, ever so eloquently:
"'Do a little dance. Make a little love. Get down tonight.' There's certain truths there."

I've loved that song ever since.

There are certain truths there.

10:54 PM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Closet Metro said...

PS - I saw a tampon in a melting snowbank today.

(It made me think of you.)

10:55 PM, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

Who knew Closet Metro was such a sweet-talker?

12:16 AM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

And might I just say, that is one fine piece of jewelry you are sportin' there, Miss Bucky ;)

12:22 AM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Madame D said...

Nothing says "I love Jesus" more than that angel pin.
Best angel pin ever.

12:50 AM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

BFE - I just found THE store for Scarface and the Homies - doll stuffI am also getting no sleep because Ihave been making podcasting goodness of my show...I am shamelessly self- promoting it here. ;)

9:11 AM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

The answer is 19

I couldn't contain my curiousity any more yesterday and clicked on the link.

Perhaps I need more sleep as well...

9:29 AM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Great. Did we really have to go there with the putting of the KC lyrics up? Grrr.

9:43 AM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Crabby said...

I like the KC lyrics.

You're lookin pretty good for somebody with no sleep, kiddo.

9:58 AM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger hemlock said...

Glad to see your guardian angel is taking care of you and your monkey!

10:04 AM, February 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked angry Alanis. I was angry Montana Anna at the time (see, I was about 16, so of course I was angry), and I loved that she sang about going down on a dude in a theater. Then, of course, the dude turned out to be Uncle Joey from Full House, which prompted projectile puking and the result of never being able to go into a theater again without thinking of Uncle Joey's OH face.
---The completely irrelevant Montana Anna

10:54 AM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Squirl said...

From Eden to monkeys to Angel Tamponia, we've come to expect nothing less from you, Bucky.

12:03 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

oh wow - - wait a secky...
1st = get some sleep grrl! duh! GO TO BED
2nd I may have missed something, but who was the creator of your, er, um, lovely guardian angel there?
and
3rd - re: 1st cousin marriages... ewwww.

1:09 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

Um, so then it's still okay to touch and taste evil, right? Just don't see, hear or speak it? I can work with that, I guess.

1:12 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

M_D - I'm trying to take care of me and my monkey right now. Settle down, there, monkey...

Susie - wow, you know, that whole camera in the bladder, I was totally planning that for tonight. Um, yeah!

Jim - the fact that you enjoy seeing my monkey means more than you could know.

Closet - you thought of me? Man, I'm all choked up now! I touched, really. "Tetched"

Susie - do you dig my tampon angel? You would be SO fabulous in one, too...

Madame D - I will have to let the artist know that you appreciate her handiwork. The AngelMaker.

Mike - I always said they shoulda let me illustrate the bible...

Chia - thanks, hugs back!

Opera gal - I'm afraid for my Homies to be coked up. They would turn on me, I just know it. But the tiny vibrators? My girl Homies are all over that.

CKelli - would those 19 states be, I don't know, in the south? (apologies to my fine, fine southern readers)

Mr. B - oh, you know that's the way (uh huh uh huh) you like it (uh huh uh huh).

Crabcake - thanks! And KC always manages to sum up the important stuff in so few words.

LeafGirl - gotta protect that fragile monkey!

Montana Anna - oh MAN! That is sooooo not what I wanted to picture...
EWEWEWEWWWWWW!

Bone Machine - you make a valid point there.
*gagging*

Squirl - it all ties together nicely, if you squint hard enough.

Annejelynn - I'm not allowed to name the angel creator (it's not me, though). If the creator of Angel Tamponia would like to step forward, you are welcome to do so. Otherwise, her origins shall remain shrouded in mystery.

Eclectic - no, girlie, I'm ENCOURAGING you to speak, see, and hear evil, lots of evil!
So go do it, sistah!

1:37 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Susie said...

*stepping forward*

*bowing with flourish*

IT IS I! I CREATED THE ANGEL TAMPONIA, as a gift for my dear sister, Bucky :)

Both are one of a kind :)

3:30 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

FINALLY, the truth can be told about Tamponia.

Be proud, Susie. Be very proud.

3:45 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger eclectic said...

But the kind of evil I'm thinking about is more the touching/tasting variety...


**blush**

3:52 PM, February 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't say I can create the wonders that is angel tamponia, but I decided to join the blog revolution...somebody check me out, and I promise I won't talk about Uncle Joey's OH face. Much.
--Montana Anna

4:52 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger MrsDoF said...

You angel is holding up so well, considering its origin and the stress of its job for keeping watch over you.

I bought a Homie yesterday. Series 7 it says on the label. I thought of you when the plastic case dropped. A little guy in a blue basketball uniform. Is that what his clothes are called? They seem so skimpy.
Anyway, I have to put together a box of trinkets to use as prizes for some children who will be helping me do a project for my HCC class.
Monday will find me in a room full of 3 year olds with much paper and glue and markers and a lesson plan.
The person crying in the corner might end up being me.

4:59 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Kranki said...

Look at you spreading the monkey love with everything else on your plate. Selfless!!! That is what you are.

8:55 PM, February 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home