the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, February 23, 2007

Hey, Rocky - watch me pull a rabbit out of this hat!

Hi there! Yes, I do still exist, and the ugly rumors that I was run over by a UPS truck are just that - ugly. And rumors.

Again, so much to say, but my hands are sooooo full right now (because I am grabbing my own ass with mucho gusto). I'm teaching two sections of a class that's new for me, and just chock full o' homework to grade. My junk is strewn about the house, half in and half out of boxes. I'm trying to assemble several large pieces of furniture (the desk has moved to #1 priority, because damn! I'm tired of havng my computer this close to the floor). Also, Thirteen spends most of his time watching the cursor movement on the screen with utter fascination, thus blocking the screen with his puffy fuzziness. It's adorable, but doesn't do much for my already-lousy typing.

The main thing I want to say here is that I have close to a billion thank-you emails that I need to write for all the fantastical gifts y'all have sent me. I told the girl in Home Depot (did I mention my refrigerator died?) about it today, and she wondered if she could borrow my friends for a while. Of course, selfish cunt that I am, I told her NO! I will endeavor to get all those sent this weekend, so if you sent me something and have not heard back from me, I intend to remedy that over the next few days.

Pizza Hut delivers out here. This may turn out to be a bad thing, unless you like really big butts. Maybe my pizza-enhanced butt could spin off into its own website. Butty4eyes.com or some such.


What can I say? It's the closest to buttcrack I can give you tonight.

Oh, by the way - I started to do my taxes the other day, and I think I might have to change to title of that old Blue Oyster Cult song to Don't Fear the Reamer. If you need me, I'll be grabbing my ankles.

Labels:

14 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

So...we've got one vote in favor of doin' da butt.

6:16 PM, February 23, 2007  
Blogger eclectic said...

Just once, wouldn't it be fun to editorialize on all the homework you're grading? Y'know, stream of consciousness stuff in response to the inane assertions and/or test answers? That's why they won't let me teach anything that requires grading. Because at some point, I'd give in. And really, who wants a big red "Buttcrack" scrawled across their homework?

6:55 PM, February 23, 2007  
Blogger Ortizzle said...

BFE! COMRADE! What are you teaching? Welcome to the club of "grading papers/homework/tests/or whatever" in your "spare time."

But seriously, glad to see you "settling in." And yes, do get the computer a few more inches off the floor. That will help immensely. For possible allergies if nothing else.

8:45 PM, February 23, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

Glad to see you are ok...figured you were pretty durn busy. I'm just going to avoid the whole butt thing for now....unless it's to gently pinch Eeyore's as he swaggers by.

11:28 PM, February 23, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds as if things are going well, Bucky. Your busy and Pizza Hit (my favorite) is around.

Blessings, dear friend. May all continue to go well and may you have loads of fun!

12:37 AM, February 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loathe flat pack furniture. It always takes a good four hours to put together!

xxx

12:37 AM, February 24, 2007  
Blogger Spilling Ink said...

Buttcrack is much funnier than taxes.

3:41 AM, February 24, 2007  
Blogger Squirl said...

Pizza Hut makes for the Big Butt. Sounds kinda like a rap.

How's the desk coming along?

8:23 AM, February 24, 2007  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

To Squirl:

Word!

2:04 PM, February 24, 2007  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I love flat pack furniture. Though I'm not sure why they always throw in all those extra parts...

10:36 PM, February 24, 2007  
Blogger Effie said...

hopefully you've managed to assemble most of your furniture by now... without too many pieces leftover...

8:12 AM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Maven said...

Speaking of reamers, I bought one this weekend...at Home Depot, no less! I have a lovely little picture of it on my blog:)

4:51 PM, February 26, 2007  
Blogger Raquel said...

hey bucky....ive been a fan of your blog for a while now...although i never seem to post. BUTT, i bought a new cd yesterday and i dont know why, i thought it might be right up your alley. It's called Begin to Hope by Regina Spektor, chances are have alreday herda about her but she is news to me...so in case you havent, completely check her out, her sound is very original as are her lyrics.

take care and hope you enjoy your new home.

your friend in Puerto Rico, Raquel

2:47 PM, February 27, 2007  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Big buttcrack on my homework makes me happeee...
big buttcrack in my folder makes me hiiiigh...

/got nothin.

9:53 PM, February 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home