the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Be nice this time

Okay, I was almost in the neighborhood of nearly just about sincere the other day, and then I went and sprang that video with flickering fish and pasty white ass on you like that, and frankly, I feel a little chagrined about it now. I'd like to make it up to you as best I can without gettin' so sappy I stick to your face.

The truth is that many of you deserve my thanks, fellow bloggers. I started to name names, and then I decided that there are just so many of you I'm grateful to know that I'd best not do that, lest I leave somebody off, or lest I name somebody who emails me and says, "Ewwww, don't ever use your name and mine in the same sentence again." See? I'm socially fuckin' graceful like that.

But so many of you have amused me, inspired me, humbled me, touched me (no, not like that - well...sometimes), have in some way moved me with your writing and your photography, or by personal example. Some of you have become what I consider real friends - can online friends be "real" friends? I think so. A couple of you are related to me and have to be nice, but thanks to you, too. I've gained insight into different view points, gotten helpful advice about the craft and the business of writing, and had a lot of laughs. Mostly, I've been treated with extraordinary kindness by people, many of whom I didn't know, or barely knew, a year ago, have been given tremendous support by these people while I have gone through things that never got blogged. You've shown me love and patience - and I know I can certainly try the patience - and have often been the cooler heads that prevailed when I couldn't collect myself. So...thank you.

And now, because you just knew you couldn't take me to a nice party and hope for me to keep my pants on the whole time...

Ha! No, you have to watch the video if you're weird enough to wanna see flashes of my pasty bare ass. For now I'll leave you with something that is equally as disturbing as my bare ass, but hey - at least it's not my ass.

I give you...

Flaming psychedelic Mason Reese (click on his name if you don't know who he is):
Flaming psychedelic Mason Reese

Oh, I can hear you now: Why, Bucky, why? What kind of god would allow this to happen?

The artiste in me retorts, because artistes always retort: Aha! You ask why? I ask, why the fuck not? If it has not been done, then I shall do it, no matter how utterly unnecessary, regardless of the cost in human life and cornea, always pushing the envelope right up someone's ass. Also, I figure you should share in these horrid visions I just can't stop.

Sleep well.

20 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger I'm not here. said...

Still looking for a pair of assless chaps...

11:38 PM, December 27, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

and I liked the flickering fish. It was purty!
"OMG...she almost named names."
Where I come from, you gotta kick ass first, take names later, but we'll let that slide for now.
;o)
First!!! and possibly Second. Depending on when this gets posted...

1:36 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Bucky, you are socially fuckin' graceful! And an artiste. And a joy to read (and view). And, since online friends can be "real" friends, my friend.

Thanks for being you! Please never change!

1:47 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Opera Gal said...

so you had to show me that, knowing it may sear my eyeballs BEFORE coffee?

kylz - read the previous post - its his tiny BLADDER being weighed down!

Bucky I am going to get all sappy on your blog here - your whacked sense of humor has helped me get through more shit days than I care to count.

- and yes, those signs SHOULD ship with kittens
- and where the hell were you 2 summers ago when I was building my first Linux authoritative nameserver?

Blove you -
~operagal~

7:41 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

M_D - surely you have a biker store near you? Or a gay men's leather shop?

SS Nick - Thank you! I'm glad I can make you laugh when very unlaughable things are happening to you. Big Louisville hugs!

Kylz - as far as I'm concerned, you just gave me permission to pee at will! (poor Will)

Mike - it's a Christmas Miracle! Oh, wait until Susie sees this...

Opera gal - blove you too, girl! And let me at that Linux.

8:17 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Um... who is Mason Reese? I had an algebra teacher by the name of Reese once... he sorta looked like that, but I don't think its the same guy.

On the chance that I might be getting a bit sappy over here myself, I say, 'tis a pleasure knowing the wit and charm and evil genius that is you, Katy B. Buckster. You've taught me a lot, even some things I didn't want to know...

Why the fuck not indeed. ;)

8:57 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

That was a beautiful post. How could it not end in flaming Mason Reese?

Love and hugs!

9:30 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd never heard of Mason Reese. Not only have you provided bfreindship for the past year and spread your blove (that sounded gross), but now you've enlightened me to All That Is Mason Reese.

I have a new obsession. Thanks!

9:47 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

My favorite part of the entire post is "Sleep well." It's 9:12am and I have been given permission to go back to bed. FUCK YES!!

We love ya Buckster!

10:05 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

STILL don't know who Mason Reese is. But now at least I've seen him flaming. And that is somehow enough.

10:15 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger RedPita said...

damn. mr. bloggerific beat me to the punch. either way, I still have Buckys permission to take my ass back to bed.

Jay: Why did you sleep all day?

Rita: Bucky said it was okay. And trust me, you don't wanna piss off Bucky.

What a nice post girlie, its nice to see people get sappy sometimes (other then me, cause i am always getting sappy).

10:41 AM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Haha, I beat ritapita!! :P

11:32 AM, December 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holdays to you as well . . . loved the entry and your site, inspires me when I'm bitchin' and moanin'!!

12:48 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Devil my ham, huh? Shouldn't it be Devil my Kevin Bacon?

(Why, yes, my meds are screwed up. Why do you ask?)

In other news...that part about tremendous support and helping each other get through stuff? I feel the same way about you.

I blove you, Bucky Four-Eyes, in or out of your assless chaps.
(Hey, you had to know I couldn't maintain the sincerity for too long.)

4:32 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

See, that child always scared me. ALWAYS. Can't you just see him saying, "REDRUM...REDRUM..."? No, I know that wasn't him, but it coulda been, shoulda been. You do find the scary ones, Bucky.

5:17 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

"Borga-shmord," my ass! He was one freaky lookin' LITTLE kid but HOLEY SHE-IT, have you seen a picture of him as an adult? OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

That is all.

7:03 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger dashababy said...

He kinda looks like Danny on the Partridge family.
I don't think I ever ate a deviled ham sammich but I have made them for my dad,,, or ex,,, I dunno too many years gone by. Smells like catfood. I see it in the grocery stores still. I think old people buy it.
BTW, I loved your video "flickering fish". My husband came in and said "what are you watching?" I could hardly look away as I said,,,, Buuucckkyy. It was totally mesmerizing.

7:03 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

CKelli - You know I try to provide an educational experience here, dubious as it is. And trust me, it's doesn't get any dubiouser.

Squirl - love ya, sis. And Mason will always be there when you most need that deviled ham.

Jim - you are oh, so welcome. And if you can find out much more about MR, I'd be curious as well. I didn't find much for him when I did an image search. I always come back to that same scary pastel, so I decided to take it and make it mah bitch.

Mr. B - in my perfect world, we're all in jammies and robes, even at the bank and stuff. 'Cause you never know when a nap will strike.

Eclectic - you zenmaster.

Rita - that's right, you tell him he doesn't wanna get me chap-slappin' mad. It ain't purty.

Mr. B - don't gloat; you'll get laugh lines.

Suzanne - thanks for stoppin' by. 2006 will rock, I promise!

Bone Machine - you know, people thank me for stuff I don't do all the time. And I will leave your blood feud between you and Toni Tennille, mortal enemies.

LadyBug - you're a sweetheart, and I'd think it in or out of my chaps. Of course, IN my chaps really is still sort of OUT of my chaps. So, um...

Susie - heh heh heh I was always fascinated with him, in a "let's stare at the ants through the magnifying glass before they burst into flames" kind of way.

DP - always good to know the toads are in their glory.

Michele in Mich - OH YEAH! I forgot all about "borgasmord"! I don't think I've seen pics of him as an adult, but if you ever see any online, please let me know. Morbid curiosity.

Dashababy - yeah, that shit really is like canned cat food, innit? Ew! I never touched the crap - the thought of it grossed me right out.
Heh, glad you liked the video; it's designed to hypnotize the viewer into adopting assless chaps as his or her primary garment, and joining my Legions of Cheek.

8:09 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Kylz - yup, Will never stood a chance.

8:09 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Argh! M in M said "borgesmord" That drove me nuts in the 70's, now I'll hear it in my mind over and over, like a bad Louden Wainwright song (remember Dead Skunk?)!

M_D is looking for assless chaps! After seeing the boob pictures, we can only pray for follow up chaps pics!

2:36 PM, December 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home