the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Friday, March 14, 2008

On my back. But not in a good way.

Lucky, lucky me. I seem to have found a strain of the flu that wasn't included in my flu shot this season. Now, why can't I have the same kind of odds-beating ability with the lottery?

So...I've been pretty much in bed since Wednesday night. I haven't felt as horrible as I did last night since I had the chicken pox about 21 years ago. If I didn't know better, I'd suspect that I was on the losing end of a drunken brawl. A drunken brawl with Bigfoot. And Bigfoot carries a baseball bat. While wearing cleats.

All in all, I'm mighty grumpy right now. Just grumpy enough to make a grand declaration. So here goes.




If you're going to appear on television while willingly wearing a fauxhawk, then I'm going to have to tell you that it makes you look like a douchebag with a fin on your head. What, are you trying to fuck Nemo?

There, I've exhausted my supply of Bitch for the night. I'm going to take a big dose of Nyquil and try to find a show with bald dudes in it.

7 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger eclectic said...

Day-um! Hope you feel better soon, Bucky.

Confidential to the dude with the really bad faux-hawk:

Du-u-u-de. Seriously.

11:31 PM, March 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, Bucky! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

It's nice to know that the old 'Big Boy' mascot has found another line of work. That's not him? Oh. He has his hair...

12:15 AM, March 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, honey. I hope you're well soon. Jif and LG had the flu, and it was wretched.
You're going to get a lot of new visitors now that you've written "fuck Nemo." Curious thing: most of the people who come to my blog are looking for Nemo. And you know why they're looking for him. They'll be right over.

COCOCO

12:45 AM, March 15, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Take care and heal well, Bucky. I know from experience how difficult that is when one is ill and only has a cat to care for you.

6:24 AM, March 15, 2008  
Blogger Squirl said...

Sorry you're feeling so lousy. Just snuggle up with the kitties. They actually are amazing healers.
:-)

9:23 PM, March 15, 2008  
Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

So sorry you've got the flu. Sucks!

And faux hawks are the silliest thing I've ever seen.

10:39 PM, March 16, 2008  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Eclectic - I think, in a cautiously optimistic way, that I have survived this particular battle. Score one for ginger ale as a medication!

M_D - BIG BOY! No wonder I hate that look so much.

Susie - Damn good thing I don't have any sushi in the house. First motherfucker who sticks his dick in my avocado rolls get it severed with a pizza cutter.
And COCOCO to you, too!

SSNick - the cats have been tending to me, in their own way. And then raiding the liquor cabinet when I'm passed out.

Squirl - Eeyore loves the fact that I've been in bed for days. He's an in-my-face snuggler, big time. Thirteen hops up occasionally to make me laugh, and Friday wakes me up with his cold, wet nose against my cheek (just before he bites my chin).

HTGT - to me, a hairstyle like the fauxhawk makes me think of some pretentious ass who's just screaming "I'm SO counterculture! I don't care what anyone thinks! Don't stop looking at meeeeee!"

1:43 PM, March 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home