the Bucky Four-Eyes Cotillion

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The future's so bright...

My first shades

As you can see, sunglasses are nothing new for me. Here you see my brother Timmy outfitting me with my first pair of shades.

There. Is that cute enough to make up for the fact that I dangled a tampon in y'all's collective faces? I really hope so, because there just might be more in store.

In fact...

something just might...

jump out and say "Merry Christmas!" to you:

The Angel Tamponia

Someone
, who shall remain nameless, took Kylz' suggestion of a tampon angel to heart and made me this lovely, crafty little darling named the Angel Tamponia. If I had a tree, she would go right at the top of it.

But I don't have a tree. Hmmmm.......
What shall I decorate with this gorgeous little seraphim?

Any suggestions?

26 of you felt the overwhelming need to say somethin':

Blogger Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

You were so cute! What the hell happened?!

:P

10:20 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Bloggy... not nice...

That's an adorable picture!

Heh, LOVE Angel Tamponia! Too funny! I would never have thought of that...

10:34 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger WILLIAM said...

I think Tamponia should go on your rearview mirror.

10:46 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Susie said...

Aw, look how cute. The baby pic ain't bad, either ;)

11:19 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Squirl said...

I've always loved that picture. Hadn't thought about it relating to the shades of today.

I think that ornament should go in your office. Bring a little Christmas cheer to work, I always say.

11:20 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Nina said...

The picture is adorable! I think I will vote with William about the rearview mirror. Everyone should have an angel hanging from their rearview mirror. She will protect you from accidents in one way or another.

11:31 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Froggylady said...

I worked with a lady once that made snowmen and santa pins out of panty liners. She proudly wore them at work.

I think Angel Tamponia should get a sister and become some festive earrings.

12:18 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger eclectic said...

A brooche. Definitely.

12:20 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Well, aren't we the crafty one.

Carol Duvalle is gonna be ALL OVER THIS, I'm sure of it.

1:25 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Mr. B - Alcohol and sex happened. Well, not RIGHT after the picture was taken. A few years after.

CKelli - heh heh heh, I think they used to call those my granny glasses. And some of my readers are definitely more crafty than I am. Though I would not hesitate to plug a leaky rowboat with a tampon...

William - it would make for a great conversation piece if I ever got pulled over, huh?

Susie - I have to say, the Angel Tamponia is cuter every time I look at her. I know that means I need help. Are you accepting new clients? ;)

Squirl - I think Tamponia would fit right in with my Homies and my Janis Joplin.

Nina - "She will protect you from accidents in one way or another." That made me laugh out loud. :)

Kat - oooh, those earrings would kick ass, wouldn't they? I'll have to get with tbe designer...

Eclectic - but what dress would I wear it with? And how many sentences can I end with a preposition on?

MilkMaid - ha! I bet Carol Duvall would have to borrow the materials from a friend, though. I'm guessing she's beyond the Tamponia stage.

1:28 PM, December 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out Martha Stewart!

1:31 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Torrie - actually, this is a little craft Martha and I learned in the slammer.

And just to point out: I did not make the Angel Tamponia. Her wonderful image was sent to me by a reader who shall remain nameless, but not blameless. :)
I am not nearly crafty enough to conceive of or make something like this. But I am wrong enough to love it as if I gave birth to it.

1:41 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Annejelynn said...

the front door knocker (if you have one)

1:51 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Annejelynn - well, where else would my knockers be? Not in the back, I'll tell you that! Though it would make slow dancing more interesting...

1:53 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

No tree? Hmmmm how about your "bush"? Back to my hole I go.

2:09 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger hemlock said...

I agree with Kat. Make Angel Tamponia a twin...and wear them as earrings.

So festive. So beautiful.

2:27 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger LadyBug said...

Oh. My. GOSH.

Umm...apparently, that is all, as I am too STUNNED to think of anything clever.

3:05 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Memphis said...

BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!!


Merry Christmas and a Tampon New Year!

5:20 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger RedPita said...

I say this and instantly thought of the Tampon Pillow I saw online awhile back, alas, I can't find the damn thing anywhere now. (Warning: Enter tampon pillow into Google at your own risk)

6:07 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Spikey1 - Well, you can judge for yourself - here's my bush.

LeafGirl - I have to admit, Tamponia has put me in a holiday spirit unlike any other.

LadyBug - then I have done my job properly. ;)

Memphis Steve - I am officially changing my holiday greeting to match that. I will enjoy the looks on people's faces as they process that...

KChia - I could do guerilla art and T'Angels could mysteriously appear all over the mall...hmmmm...

RitaPita - Tampon Pillow? So is it a pillow filled with tampons, or is it a pillow FOR your tampons? I'm a little frightened and intrigued.

7:01 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Earrings & Brooch.
That would be the thing to wear to work. :o)

Nice picture!

7:54 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

Well, I knew you'd expect this of me hehehe:

http://www.tamponart.com/

http://craftsayings.com/projects/gag_gifts/tampon_angel/index.shtml

http://cgi.ebay.com/TAMPON-ANGEL-Ornament-Beaded-Head-Wings-Halo-Hair-CUTE_W0QQitemZ6586988588QQcategoryZ33851QQcmdZViewItem

By the way, you can also fashion some wonderfully absorbent slippers for your mom out of maxi-pads! Whether to make them with new or used pads would be dependent upon your relationship with her at the time!

8:54 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger RedPita said...

Its a pillow shaped like a tampon. With a string. and a smiley face.

I am on a hunt to find it now. No luck thus far, but I did find a tampon and q-tip snowflake ornament.

10:25 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Maven said...

Oh I'm diggin' it!

Check out this site:
http://www.tamponart.com/

10:27 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Now, I want me one of them. I would like to hand it at my desk please.

12:12 PM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

hang at my desk..not hand..
fuck.

12:12 PM, December 16, 2005  

<< Home